Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time … In Hollywood is old news by now, so this episode should not be considered as a cold take on that. Rather, our heroes are facing off against an article by their old nemesis, Gospel Coalition writer Brett McCracken, he of “The Joyful Longing of Paul McCartney’s Carpool Karaoke” fame. McCracken’s take on the Tarantino movie is more than insipid, it’s calling what is evil good. And this is something up with which our heroes cannot put. Featuring Ollie and Radiohead plus Walter and Gary.
1. Here’s the article under question by Brett McCracken.
2. Here’s McCracken’s article on The Hateful Eight.
3. David Bentley Hart on Once Upon a Time In Hollywood.
4. Chart of violence in Tarantino’s films.
5. Several interviews with Tarantino on violence: this, this, that, this, and this.
Music: Sneaky Snitch Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0. Our Names Engraved by Blue Dot Sessions is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial License. Wave Rider by Shane Ivers is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. For the Days Come curated by Heroboard. Naked by Savfk licensed under a ‘Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).